CORTLANDT, N.Y. – The Cortlandt Town Center location of Rite Aid Pharmacy shuttered its regular business operations Nov. 9 and will begin liquidating its merchandise on Saturday.
"The lease was ending at that location, and based on the business conditions, it made more business sense to close the location," said Eric Harkreader, spokesperson for Rite Aid Corp. "It's not a decision we like to make, or one we make lightly, but it just made more financial sense."
Harkreader said the nine people who worked at the Cortlandt Town Center Rite Aid were offered transfers to Rite Aid locations in Mahopac and Peekskill.
"Thankfully, we were able to offer everyone who wanted a position a job," Harkreader said. "At those two locations it's business as usual."
The store will be open Saturday for liquidation from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. All merchandise will be 50 percent off, excluding prescription products.
Prescriptions previously held at Rite Aid's pharmacy and pharmacy records can be picked up at the Mohegan Lake CVS, 1775 E. Main St., Mohegan Lake.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Yorktown
- 5 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley