CORTLANDT, N.Y. – The Cortlandt Town Center location of Rite Aid Pharmacy shuttered its regular business operations Nov. 9 and will begin liquidating its merchandise on Saturday.
"The lease was ending at that location, and based on the business conditions, it made more business sense to close the location," said Eric Harkreader, spokesperson for Rite Aid Corp. "It's not a decision we like to make, or one we make lightly, but it just made more financial sense."
Harkreader said the nine people who worked at the Cortlandt Town Center Rite Aid were offered transfers to Rite Aid locations in Mahopac and Peekskill.
"Thankfully, we were able to offer everyone who wanted a position a job," Harkreader said. "At those two locations it's business as usual."
The store will be open Saturday for liquidation from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. All merchandise will be 50 percent off, excluding prescription products.
Prescriptions previously held at Rite Aid's pharmacy and pharmacy records can be picked up at the Mohegan Lake CVS, 1775 E. Main St., Mohegan Lake.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Yorktown Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yorktown
- 5 Owner Of Yorktown's Turco's Market Has Side Pet Project