WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to roughly 12-percent of Staples total stores on the continent, as the market moves to online sales.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Westchester locations in Elmsford, Larchmont, Mount Kisco, Mount Vernon, Port Chester, Scarsdale, White Plains, Yonkers and Yorktown.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 IRS Warns Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor