WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to roughly 12-percent of Staples total stores on the continent, as the market moves to online sales.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Westchester locations in Elmsford, Larchmont, Mount Kisco, Mount Vernon, Port Chester, Scarsdale, White Plains, Yonkers and Yorktown.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors