YORKTOWN, N.Y. – The Yorktown Daily Voice is heading into the new year by counting down, in no particular order, the top 10 stories from 2012.
The year saw nearly a dozen new businesses pop up throughout Yorktown's five business hamlets.
The Crompond hamlet will likely be the town's focal point in 2013 as it reviews a proposal for a 150,000 square-foot Costco Wholesale Club at 3200 Crompond Road.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Sprain Brook Wrong-Way Crash
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield