LARCHMONT, N.Y. – Born and raised in Yorktown Heights, chef Nick Di Bona has launched a new restaurant in Larchmont – just a few weeks before he makes an appearance as a competitor on Food Network Channel’s “Chopped.”
Madison Kitchen, which opened officially on Sept. 25 in Larchmont at 7 Madison Ave., offers Di Bona’s personal twist on New American cuisine that includes the use of fresh and locally-sourced ingredients, a press release said.
“I wanted to offer an eclectic mix of good food. Westchester has a lot to offer, Asian markets, Italian grocers,” he said in a statement.
The restaurant, designed by New York City-based Celano Design Studio, is the first solo venture for Di Bona, age 28.
Di Bona is an Italian-American chef, having served as the executive chef at the Peter Pratt’s Inn in Yorktown, which he grew up next to and worked his way up through the ranks after starting as a busboy, the release said. He also attended The Culinary Institute of America.
Di Bona competed in an episode of “Chopped” that will air on the Food Network in October.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say