WESTCHESTER COUNTY. N.Y. -- Laugh out loud, taste delicious food, go shopping, catch some tunes and even get Fido a bath in Westchester this weekend.
1. The National Comedy Theatre at Yonkers' Hudson River Museum Amphitheater on Saturday, July 19, at 8 p.m.
New York’s nationally acclaimed improvised comedy act, creates an entire show on the spot with your suggestions. Fast moving and hilarious, "it’s bound to be the most fun you’ll have sitting down." Free. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., program starts at 8 p.m. JFK Memorial Drive.
2. The New Rochelle Humane Society's 14th Annual Dog Wash on Sunday, July 20 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
At this fund-raiser, Fido can get star treatment with a dog wash, nail clipping and microchipping. Many vendors will also be on hand, including dog trainers, groomers, walkers, veterinarians, photographers to snap a family potrait and even a, "paw reader." Admission is free. Dog washes will go for $20 - $40 suggested donation; nail clipping for $10, microchipping for $40; family portraits for $15. 70 Portman Road.
3. Tarrytown's "Third Friday," on Friday, July 18 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
This week's third Friday will feature music from The Slow Rollers; aerial shows at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. from Westchester Circus Arts; a free screening of "The LEGO Movie"; vendors; freebies; face painting and more. Free. Main Street and Washington.
4. Pleasantville Farmer's Market on Saturday, July 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Voted by Westchester Magazine readers as the Best of Westchester in 2014, this farmers market boasts 50 vendors, seven nearby parking lots and weekly programming. This week, Isra-Alien, a band that blends Greek, Balkan, Eastern-European and Jewish/Klezmer music traditions, will be providing live entertainment. The kids’ event will feature the Nemec family making, "loop-de-loop butterflies." Free. Memorial Plaza (next to the Metro North train station).
5. The Village of Ossining's Summer Concert Series on Friday, July 18 at 7 p.m.
Catch an outdoor musical performance by Breakfast for the Boys. Additional performers include Roger LaRochelle, Sam Smith, Lukas Brenard, and Damien Jackson. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring seating and bring along their picnic baskets. Free. 160 Westerly Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below. Want to see your event here?
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Yorktown Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road