YORKTOWN, N.Y. — Several weekend events in Yorktown have been canceled in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
• St. Patrick's Church's annual craft fair scheduled for Saturday has been canceled.
• The Yorktown Lions Peace Poster Contest Exhibit scheduled Saturday has been postponed. A new date for reception has yet to be determined.
• Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley’s seventh annual walk and 5K run benefit scheduled for Sunday at Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park has been canceled. All funds raised will go toward granting wishes. The organization said it is working on granting 145 wishes. Donations are still being accepted .
• Guiding Eyes for the Blind's graduation ceremony scheduled for Saturday has been canceled due to ongoing power outages.
• Saturday's SAT and Subject Tests scheduled for Yorktown High School and Lakeland High School have been rescheduled for Saturday, Nov. 17. The College Board will contact registered students via email.
Let us know of any more cancellations at BMarschhauser@DailyVoice.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.