YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Support Connection, Inc., a not-for profit organization that provides free, confidential support services for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer, has scheduled the following support groups in Westchester in June:
At the Support Connection Office In Yorktown:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Thursday, June 2, at 10 a.m.
- Young Women’s Support Group: For women who have or had breast or ovarian cancer at a young age. Wednesday, June 8, at 7 p.m.
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Tuesday, June 28, at 7 p.m.
At Northern Westchester Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing, Chappaqua:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Wednesday, June 1, at 7 p.m.
At the Support Connection Office In Yorktown Heights:
- Support Group for Women Living with Recurrence: For women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Friday, June 17, at 12:30 p.m.
At New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortlandt Manor :
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday, June 20, at 7 p.m.
By Teleconference: For those unable to attend groups in-person, there are monthly Telephone Support Groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate.
- The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Monday, June 6, at 8 p.m.
- The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Wednesday, June 8, at 8 p.m.
Support Connection offers a wide range of free support groups women with breast and ovarian cancer in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess, and by toll-free teleconference.
For a complete calendar of groups at all locations, visit their website. Advance registration is required for all groups; call 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.