YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Support Connection, Inc., offers a wide range of free support groups for women with breast and ovarian cancer.
Groups focus on topics pertaining to living with cancer through all stages of diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment.
The following support groups are scheduled for Westchester in March:
At the Support Connection office in Yorktown:
- Breast and ovarian cancer support group: First Thursday of the month, March 5, at 10 a.m.
- Breast cancer support group: Fourth Tuesday of the month, March 24, at 7 p.m.
- Young women’s breast cancer support group: For women who have or had breast cancer at a young age. Second Wednesday of the month, March 11, at 7 p.m.
At Hudson Valley Hospital Center in Cortlandt Manor:
- Breast cancer support group: Monday, March 9, at 7 p.m.
At the Jewish Center in Yorktown Heights:
- Support group for women living with recurrence: For women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Third Friday of the month, March 20, at 12:30 p.m.
At Northern Westchester Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing, Chappaqua:
- Breast and ovarian cancer support group: First Wednesday of the month, March 4, at 7 p.m.
By Teleconference: For those unable to attend groups in-person, there are monthly Telephone Support Groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate. The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place at 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 11. The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place at 8 p.m. Monday, March 2.
For a complete calendar of groups at all locations, visit www.supportconnection.org . Advance registration is required for all groups; call 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.