WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Support Connection offers free, confidential support services for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer.
Groups focus on topics pertaining to living with cancer through all stages of diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment.
They are offered in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess, and by toll-free teleconference. A rundown of support groups is below.
At the Support Connection Office in Yorktown:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: first Thursday of the month, May 7, at 10 a.m.
- Breast Cancer Support Group: fourth Tuesday of the month, May 26, at 7 p.m.
- Young Women’s Breast Cancer Support Group: for women who have or had breast cancer at a young age. Second Wednesday of the month, May 13, at 7 p.m.
At New York/Presbyterian-Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortlandt Manor:
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday, May 18, at 7 p.m.
At the Yorktown Jewish Center in Yorktown:
- Support Group for Women Living with Recurrence: for women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Third Friday of the month, May 15, at 12:30 p.m.
At Northern Westchetser Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing, Chappaqua:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: first Wednesday of the month, May 6, at 7 p.m.
For those unable to attend groups in-person, there are monthly Telephone Support Groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate. The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place Wednesday, May 13, at 8 p.m. The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place Monday, May 4, at 8 p.m.
For a complete calendar of groups at all locations, visit www.supportconnection.org. Advance registration is required for all groups; call 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.