YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. – Support Connection, Inc., a not-for profit organization that provides free, confidential support services for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer, offers a wide range of free support groups for women with breast and ovarian cancer.
Groups focus on topics pertaining to living with cancer through all stages of diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment. They are offered in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties, and by toll-free teleconference. For a complete calendar of groups at all locations, click here .
Advance registration is required for all groups; call (914) 962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
The following support groups are scheduled for Westchester in June:
At the support connection office in Yorktown:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: First Thursday of the month, June 4 at 10 a.m.
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Fourth Tuesday of the month, June 23 at 7 p.m.
- Young Women’s Support Group: For women who have or had breast or ovarian cancer at a young age. Second Wednesday of the month, June 10 at 7 p.m.
At New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortlandt Manor:
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday, June 15 at 7 p.m.
At the Yorktown Jewish Center In Yorktown Heights:
- Support Group for Women Living with Recurrence: For women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Third Friday of the month June 19 at 12:30 p.m.
At Northern Westchester Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing, Chappaqua:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: First Wednesday of the month, June 3 at 7 p.m.
By Teleconference: For those unable to attend groups in person, there are monthly telephone support groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate.
The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place Monday, June 1 at 8 p.m.
The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place Wednesday, June 10 at 8 p.m.
To learn more, to provide a donation or to view upcoming events, click here , or for toll-free cancer support, call 800-532-4290.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.