YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Support Connection Inc., a not-for profit organization that provides free, confidential support services for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer, offers a wide range of free support groups for women with breast and ovarian cancer.
The following support groups are scheduled in Westchester in August:
Support Connection Office In Yorktown:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: First Thursday of the month, Aug. 7, at 10 am.
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Fourth Tuesday of the month, Aug. 26, at 7 pm.
- Young Women’s Breast Cancer Support Group: For women who have or had breast, ovarian or gynecological cancer at a young age. Second Wednesday of the month, Aug.13, at 7 pm.
Hudson Valley Hospital Center In Cortlandt Manor:
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday, Aug. 18, at 7 pm.
Yorktown Jewish Center in Yorktown Heights:
- Support Group for Women Living with Recurrence: For women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Third Friday of the month, Aug. 15, at 12:30 pm.
Northern Westchester Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing:
- Breast, Ovarian and Gynecological Cancer Support Group: First Wednesday of the month, Aug. 6, at 7 pm.
- For those unable to attend groups in person, there are monthly telephone support groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate. The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Wednesday, Aug. 13, at 8 p.m. The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Monday, Aug. 4, at 8 p.m.
For a complete list of groups, click here.
Advance registration is required. To register, call 962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Three Mohegan Lake Youths Charged With Ransacking Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach