OSSINING, N.Y. -- Osssining's Teatown Lake Reservation has tapped 70 maple trees in preparation for another year of award-winning syrup.
Once the syrup is made, the reservation will hold its annual pancake brunch on Saturday, March 15. There will be four seating times: 8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
Tickets for the brunch are $10 for adult members, $15 for adult non-members, $5 for child members and $7 for child non-members.
“We look forward to tapping the trees each year which is our reminder that the seasons are changing and spring is just around the corner” Director of Education Phyllis Bock said in a statement. “A sap run is the sweet good-bye of winter. It is the fruit of the equal marriage of the sun and the frosts,”
For those that would like to take part in the syrup making process, Teatown will host "Sugaring Sundays" on March 2 and March 9. Time slots for Sugaring Sundays are 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Sundays are free for members and $5 for non members.
For more information, log on to teatown.org.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Investigation Of Thefts From Parked Cars In Yorktown Tops The Week's News
- 3 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Crash On Taconic State Parkway Causes Stop-And-Go Traffic Both Way
- 5 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust