OSSINING, N.Y. -- Osssining's Teatown Lake Reservation has tapped 70 maple trees in preparation for another year of award-winning syrup.
Once the syrup is made, the reservation will hold its annual pancake brunch on Saturday, March 15. There will be four seating times: 8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
Tickets for the brunch are $10 for adult members, $15 for adult non-members, $5 for child members and $7 for child non-members.
“We look forward to tapping the trees each year which is our reminder that the seasons are changing and spring is just around the corner” Director of Education Phyllis Bock said in a statement. “A sap run is the sweet good-bye of winter. It is the fruit of the equal marriage of the sun and the frosts,”
For those that would like to take part in the syrup making process, Teatown will host "Sugaring Sundays" on March 2 and March 9. Time slots for Sugaring Sundays are 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Sundays are free for members and $5 for non members.
For more information, log on to teatown.org.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 4 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 5 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee