YORKTOWN, N.Y. – "An Evening of Dance" and a Sunday concert are some of the activities taking place around Yorktown this weekend. For more listings, check out our Events page.
Friday, Feb. 1
First Fridays Open Mic: 6:30 p.m. Acoustic music – covers and originals – will be performed by teens. Yorktown Community and Cultural Center, Nutrition Room. 1974 Commerce St.
An Evening of Dance: 7:30 p.m. Read our full story here on the Yorktown High School Dance Company's annual show. Yorktown High School. 2727 Crompond Road.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Earring Making Workshop: Noon. Make earrings for yourself and for a battered women's shelter. Registration is required. John C. Hart Memorial Library, 1130 E. Main St.
An Evening of Dance: 2 and 7:30 p.m. Yorktown High School. 2727 Crompond Road.
Yoga – A Path to Wellness: Noon to 1:30 p.m. Support Connection hosts its weekly yoga session for people living with breast, ovarian or gynecological cancers. Club Fit, 600 Bank Road.
Sunday, Feb. 3
Hart Library Sunday Concert Series: 2 p.m. Stacy Phillips and Paul Howard on guitars and other instruments will present a show of Americana, world music and originals. John C. Hart Memorial Library, 1130 E. Main St.
Four Chaplains Ceremony: 2 p.m. Learn more about the ceremony on Yorktown's website. Yorktown American Legion Post #1009, 235 Veterans Road.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show