YORKTOWN, N.Y. – "An Evening of Dance" and a Sunday concert are some of the activities taking place around Yorktown this weekend. For more listings, check out our Events page.
Friday, Feb. 1
First Fridays Open Mic: 6:30 p.m. Acoustic music – covers and originals – will be performed by teens. Yorktown Community and Cultural Center, Nutrition Room. 1974 Commerce St.
An Evening of Dance: 7:30 p.m. Read our full story here on the Yorktown High School Dance Company's annual show. Yorktown High School. 2727 Crompond Road.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Earring Making Workshop: Noon. Make earrings for yourself and for a battered women's shelter. Registration is required. John C. Hart Memorial Library, 1130 E. Main St.
An Evening of Dance: 2 and 7:30 p.m. Yorktown High School. 2727 Crompond Road.
Yoga – A Path to Wellness: Noon to 1:30 p.m. Support Connection hosts its weekly yoga session for people living with breast, ovarian or gynecological cancers. Club Fit, 600 Bank Road.
Sunday, Feb. 3
Hart Library Sunday Concert Series: 2 p.m. Stacy Phillips and Paul Howard on guitars and other instruments will present a show of Americana, world music and originals. John C. Hart Memorial Library, 1130 E. Main St.
Four Chaplains Ceremony: 2 p.m. Learn more about the ceremony on Yorktown's website. Yorktown American Legion Post #1009, 235 Veterans Road.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York