YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A Turkey Mountain hike and an exhibit opening are some of the events happening around Yorktown this holiday weekend. For even more to do, check out our Events page.
Friday, Nov. 23
Thanksgiving: The John C. Hart Memorial Library, Yorktown schools, and all town offices remain closed for the holiday weekend.
Audubon Turkey Mountain Hike: 9 a.m. The Saw Mill River Audubon invites residents to walk off their Thanksgiving meals with its annual Turkey Mountain walk. No pre-registration needed. Locke Lane.
Bye Bye Birdie: The Yorktown Stage will close out its run of "Bye Bye Birdie" with showings Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tickets can be purchased here. 1974 Commerce St.
Saturday, Nov. 24
"It Takes a Village" Opening Reception: Noon to 4 p.m. The Yorktown Museum opens its holiday exhibit "It Takes a Village." 1974 Commerce St., top floor.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 4 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 5 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee