YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A Turkey Mountain hike and an exhibit opening are some of the events happening around Yorktown this holiday weekend. For even more to do, check out our Events page.
Friday, Nov. 23
Thanksgiving: The John C. Hart Memorial Library, Yorktown schools, and all town offices remain closed for the holiday weekend.
Audubon Turkey Mountain Hike: 9 a.m. The Saw Mill River Audubon invites residents to walk off their Thanksgiving meals with its annual Turkey Mountain walk. No pre-registration needed. Locke Lane.
Bye Bye Birdie: The Yorktown Stage will close out its run of "Bye Bye Birdie" with showings Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tickets can be purchased here. 1974 Commerce St.
Saturday, Nov. 24
"It Takes a Village" Opening Reception: Noon to 4 p.m. The Yorktown Museum opens its holiday exhibit "It Takes a Village." 1974 Commerce St., top floor.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 3 Tractor-Trailer Carrying Fuel Crashes On Route 6N, Igniting Fire
- 4 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 5 Two Yorktown Men Charged With Marijuana Possession