YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A Turkey Mountain hike and an exhibit opening are some of the events happening around Yorktown this holiday weekend. For even more to do, check out our Events page.
Friday, Nov. 23
Thanksgiving: The John C. Hart Memorial Library, Yorktown schools, and all town offices remain closed for the holiday weekend.
Audubon Turkey Mountain Hike: 9 a.m. The Saw Mill River Audubon invites residents to walk off their Thanksgiving meals with its annual Turkey Mountain walk. No pre-registration needed. Locke Lane.
Bye Bye Birdie: The Yorktown Stage will close out its run of "Bye Bye Birdie" with showings Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tickets can be purchased here. 1974 Commerce St.
Saturday, Nov. 24
"It Takes a Village" Opening Reception: Noon to 4 p.m. The Yorktown Museum opens its holiday exhibit "It Takes a Village." 1974 Commerce St., top floor.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 5 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination