YORKTOWN, N.Y. – The first weekend in December kicks off with several holiday events. For even more to do, check our Events page.
Friday, Nov. 30
Teen Night Dance Party: 7 to 9 p.m. The Alliance for Safe Kids hosts a dance party for middle school-aged students. There will be a live DJ, "dance offs," basketball knock-out tournaments, a game room and snacks. Club Fit, 600 Bank Road.
Saturday, Dec. 1
YHS Track Re-Opening: 8:30 a.m. Yorktown High School hosts a grand opening of the press box and renovated track. The ceremony will take place on the track, just before the Big Chill Track and Field Event, which begins at 9 a.m. 2727 Crompond Road.
Holiday Lights Parade Spectacular: 6 p.m. The first annual parade will start at Town Hall and end at the Jack DeVito Memorial Field for a Christmas tree lighting.
Sunday, Dec. 2
Breakfast with Santa: 8 a.m. The Yorktown Lions and the American Legion host Breakfast with Santa. Young children have the opportunity to participate in holiday activities and meet with Santa, Mrs. Claus and Frosty the Snowman. Prices and more information are available on the town's website. 235 Veterans Road.
Christmas Concert: 4 p.m. The First Presbyterian Church of Yorktown’s 12th annual Sunday Afternoon Concert Series will present its annual Christmas concert "The Best of Christmas." 2880 Crompond Road.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show