YORKTOWN, N.Y. - With spring break and holidays in the past, it's back to work for government and school officials this week with a host of meetings on tap.
- The Yorktown Board of Education is expected to adopt a 2012-13 budget for voter approval on Monday at 7 p.m., at Mildred Strang Middle School.
- The Yorktown Planning Board will hold its monthly meeting Monday at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
- The Yorktown Town Board will be holding a work session Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- On Wednesday, from 5 to 7 p.m. a Gallery One Lakeland High Opening Reception will take place at the Administration Building in Shrub Oak.
- On Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Administration Building, the Lakeland Board of Education is expected to finalize the 2012-13 budget during a work session/meeting.
- The Yorktown Advisory Committee on Open Space will meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
- On Friday, from 8 to 9:30 p.m., a Comedy for a Cause Fundraiser to benefit Relay for Life will be held at Solaris Sports Club on Veterans Rd. in Yorktown. Tickets are $15 per person.
- On Saturday, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., the Alliance for Safe Kids Teen Night will be held, also at Solaris Sports Club, Open to students in grades 6 to 8, the fun-filled event will feature music, basketball competitions, dance sessions, pizza and snacks. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.