YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Support Connection, Inc. announces a series of Community Kickoff events in preparation for their 21st Annual Support-A-Walk for Breast and Ovarian Cancer.
From Aug. 19 through the end of September, Support Connection is coming to the Yorktown community. The Support-A-Walk for Breast and Ovarian Cancer is scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 4, rain or shine, at FDR Park.
It is held to bring attention to the needs of people affected by breast and ovarian cancer, and to raise funds for Support Connection’s free support services for those living with these diseases. Each year, thousands of people of all ages take part in this inspiring and uplifting community event, often in honor of loved ones affected by breast and ovarian cancer.
The Community Kickoff events are designed to give people the chance to visit a location in their own community to learn more about the Support-A-Walk. At each event, guests will be able to:
- Meet Support Connection staff and volunteers
- Pick up Walk brochures, flyers and other materials
- Get started with fundraising, donating, setting up a Team
- Enjoy free refreshments, raffles, giveaways
The current list of Community Kickoff events includes:
- Aug. 19, 7:30-9 a.m.: NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital, Cortlandt Manor
- Aug. 25, 10 a.m.-noon: Hudson City Savings Bank, Baldwin Place
- Aug. 30, 1-3 p.m.: Microsoft Store at The Westchester, White Plains
- Sept. 12, 9-11 a.m.: The Rugged Boot, Mohegan Lake
- Sept. 13, 1-3 p.m.: The Wig Outlet, Hartsdale
- Sept. 18, 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Microsoft Store at The Westchester, White Plains
For details about any Community Kickoff, or to host one in your community, contact Support Connection: 914-962-6402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.