YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Yorktown Pizza and Pasta is aiming to sell 100 pizzas on Thursday to help Support Connection start its 100-day countdown to the 20th anniversary Support-A-Walk for breast and ovarian cancer.
The Support-A-Walk, to be held on Sunday, Oct. 5, at FDR Park in Yorktown Heights, was founded by local residents to bring attention to the needs of people affected by breast and ovarian cancer, and to raise funds for Support Connection’s free support services for those living with these diseases.
Each year, people travel from across the Hudson Valley and beyond to take part in the Support-A-Walk. Participants of all ages complete a three-mile walk, often in honor of loved ones who are affected by breast and ovarian cancer.
Families, friends, co-workers and teams of walkers are invited to walk together. Individuals are also welcome to participate.
Yorktown Pizza and Pasta is a longtime supporter of Support Connection and the Support-A-Walk. A portion of all sales will be donated to Support Connection.
To order a pie, visit Yorktown Pizza and Pasta at 2013 Crompond Road, Yorktown Heights, or call 914-962-0096.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Police Ask For Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Route 6 In Mahopac