YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A Strides for Sandy Hook 5K Run/Walk to benefit Newtown, Conn., has been organized by the Taconic Road Runners Club and will take place Saturday at Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park.
Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the race begins at 10 a.m. at parking lot 1. The registration fee is $25. All money will be donated to the Newtown Parks Gift Fund to build a park and playground in Newtown.
The runners were initially going to join a 5K race in Newtown, but organizers there said the Newtown event grew too large, and they encouraged groups to hold satellite races in their hometowns. The Yorktown race is being coordinated by Taconic member Sean Kelly.
The race will be electronically scored, and there will be food afterward. Runners can register here, and those looking to donate directly to the fund can do so on Newtown's Parks and Recreation website.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 4 Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Yorktown Police Say
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say