YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Hilltop Hanover Farm and Environmental Center in Yorktown Heights has announced its May schedule.
- Totally Turtles – Saturday, May 16, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., in Historic House A. Join Patricia Johnson, New York State licensed wildlife rehabilitator and learn about these native reptiles and how you can help protect them.
- Vegetable Kits – Saturday, May 23, 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., in Barn F. Each contains Hilltop Hanover seedlings and Hudson Valley Seed Library seeds, along with a one-hour lecture on gardening techniques to help you get started.
- Eco-Gardening Series: Native Gardening for Beneficials – Saturday May 23, 10 a.m. Join Kim Eierman to learn how to attract and support these valuable insects throughout their life cycles.
- Spin ‘n’ Knit –Sunday, May 3, and Saturday, May 16, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Building A Historic House. Beginner and experienced crafters can gather in an informal atmosphere and enjoy a monthly spinning and knitting group. No fee or registration required for first time attendees
- Homesteader Workshop Series: Foraging, Sunday, May 17, 10 a.m. – noon. Discover the many things you can do at home to increase your food independence and peace of mind by closing the gap between yourself, your food, and the land. Adults only.
- Annual Farm Fest 2015: Memorial Day at the Farm - Monday, May 25, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Open house, farm tours, farm stand, seed and plant starter kits for sale, craft and food vendors.
- Weed Walk – May 30, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Join herbalist Bonnie Rogers and learn to identify useful weeds and herbs that grow in the fields and woodlands around the farm and your home. Adults only.
- Better Late Than Never: Garden Planning – Saturday, May 30, 10 a.m. – noon, in Barn F. An informative workshop on how to quickly get your veggie garden ready in time for the summer season.
Pre-registration is required for all programs online at HilltopHanoverFarm.org/events . Hilltop Hanover Farm is at 1271 Hanover St. in Yorktown Heights.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.