YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here's a look at some events happening around Yorktown's Hilltop Hanover Farm in February.
- Planning Your Spring Vegetable Garden – Saturday, Feb. 8, 10 a.m. – noon, Barn F. It’s not too early to plan your spring vegetable garden. Bring a pencil and pad and learn from our farmers on how to plan for a successful spring vegetable garden. Fee $20 per adult, $5 per child ages 8 to 12; online registration required at HilltopHanoverFarm.org.
- Spin- and Knit-In – Saturday, Feb. 15, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Barn F. Calling all spinners and knitters, beginning and experienced. Gather in an informal atmosphere and be part of a monthly spinning and knitting group. No fee or registration required.
- Beekeeping 101 Saturday – Feb. 15, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Barn F. First in a new beekeeping series aimed at getting you started with keeping bees in your own backyard. Register for one or all three classes in the series. Also, 5/31 and 9/6. Fee $20 per person; online registration required at HilltopHanoverFarm.org.
- Backyard Chickens 101 – Saturday, Feb. 22, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Barn F. Our head farmer Brett Alcaro will run a workshop on raising backyard chickens. Fee $20 per person, $5 for children under the age of 12; online registration required at HilltopHanoverFarm.org.
Hilltop Hanover Farm is at 1271 Hanover St. in Yorktown Heights. For more information call 914-962-2368.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says