CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. - Shoppers at Hudson Valley Hospital Center's farmers' market will be able to test drive Nissan's fully electric four-door car, the "Leaf," from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Curry Nissan of Cortlandt Manor is displaying the car at the farmers' market. According to a press release from Hudson Valley Hospital, the car fits in with the hospital's sustainability mission because it produces no emissions, and can go more than 100 miles between charges. The same press release said it costs about $600 a year to operate the vehicle.
The farmers' market before Thanksgiving represents the last of the year before the market goes on winter hiatus. This April, the hospital began a healthy eating initiative, "Seeds for Health," which spurred the creation of the farmers' market in June. According to the hospital, the initiative seeks to highlight the value of organic and local foods.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Two Yorktown Residents Charged With DWI After Fiery Head-On Collision
- 4 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 5 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero