YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell recently endorsed Yorktown Councilman Dr. Terrence Murphy for New York's 40th Senate District.
"This race is crucial for the future of the 40th district and indeed for the future of the Hudson Valley," Odell said in a statement. "Dr. Terrence Murphy represents the common sense, traditional values we all hold dearly in Putnam County. He has a stellar record of cutting taxes, job creation and being an advocate for children."
Odell went on to say Murphy would be a champion of the middle class and would work in Albany to create jobs.
"County Executive Odell's endorsement means the world to us," Murphy said in a statement. "She has proven to be an exemplary leader who stands up for Putnam County's families on a daily basis."
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 From Lakeland HS To Country's Biggest Stage, Jessica Lynn Continues Rise