YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- For some, it's the best day of the year.
June 6 is National Donut Day, which is celebrated on the first Friday in June. The holiday began in 1938 when a military doctor gave wounded soldiers donuts. Dunkin' Donuts is offering a free donut with a beverage purchase.
In Yorktown, vanilla glazed donuts were the top pick.
"I love donuts," Sam Cutrone said.
Jordan Bichler and Alex Sgueglia said they were a fan of normal glazed donuts.
"It's the most consistent donut," Bichler said. "Dunkin' Donuts is always making them, so they come out hot."
Vishnu Patel said he was not a fan of donuts.
"I just never developed a taste," Patel said.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield