YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- For some, it's the best day of the year.
June 6 is National Donut Day, which is celebrated on the first Friday in June. The holiday began in 1938 when a military doctor gave wounded soldiers donuts. Dunkin' Donuts is offering a free donut with a beverage purchase.
In Yorktown, vanilla glazed donuts were the top pick.
"I love donuts," Sam Cutrone said.
Jordan Bichler and Alex Sgueglia said they were a fan of normal glazed donuts.
"It's the most consistent donut," Bichler said. "Dunkin' Donuts is always making them, so they come out hot."
Vishnu Patel said he was not a fan of donuts.
"I just never developed a taste," Patel said.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 4 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester