YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Yorktown’s Susan C. Faludi!
Faludi, who grew up in Yorktown Heights, turns 55 on Friday.
Susan C. Faludi, a humanist, journalist and author, was born April 18, 1959, in Queens, N.Y. She won a Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Journalism in 1991, for a report on the leveraged buyout of Safeway Stores, Inc., a report that the Pulitzer Prize committee commended for depicting the "human costs of high finance." Faludi's 1991 book "Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women" argued that the 1980s saw a backlash against feminism, especially due to the spread of negative stereotypes against career-minded women. It won the National Book Critics Circle Award for general nonfiction in 1991.
In "The Terror Dream," Faludi analyzes the Sept.11, 2001, terrorist attacks in light of prior American experience going back to insecurity on the historical American frontier.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 25, Allegedly Violates Order Of Protection, Slashes Tire
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 4 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape
- 5 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches