YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Yorktown’s Susan C. Faludi!
Faludi, who grew up in Yorktown Heights, turns 55 on Friday.
Susan C. Faludi, a humanist, journalist and author, was born April 18, 1959, in Queens, N.Y. She won a Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Journalism in 1991, for a report on the leveraged buyout of Safeway Stores, Inc., a report that the Pulitzer Prize committee commended for depicting the "human costs of high finance." Faludi's 1991 book "Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women" argued that the 1980s saw a backlash against feminism, especially due to the spread of negative stereotypes against career-minded women. It won the National Book Critics Circle Award for general nonfiction in 1991.
In "The Terror Dream," Faludi analyzes the Sept.11, 2001, terrorist attacks in light of prior American experience going back to insecurity on the historical American frontier.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week
- 4 Three Lakeland High School Athletes Sign College Letters Of Intent
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road