YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Yorktown’s Susan C. Faludi!
Faludi, who grew up in Yorktown Heights, turns 55 on Friday.
Susan C. Faludi, a humanist, journalist and author, was born April 18, 1959, in Queens, N.Y. She won a Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Journalism in 1991, for a report on the leveraged buyout of Safeway Stores, Inc., a report that the Pulitzer Prize committee commended for depicting the "human costs of high finance." Faludi's 1991 book "Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women" argued that the 1980s saw a backlash against feminism, especially due to the spread of negative stereotypes against career-minded women. It won the National Book Critics Circle Award for general nonfiction in 1991.
In "The Terror Dream," Faludi analyzes the Sept.11, 2001, terrorist attacks in light of prior American experience going back to insecurity on the historical American frontier.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Yorktown