YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send signed letters to Yorktown@dailyvoice.com .
To the editor:
I have been writing Michael Grace, Tom Diana and Greg Bernard for close to six months, and they have been collectively ignoring the code violations that have been brought to their attention concerning the zoning violations and the unlicensed businesses operating on Maple Court.
They have refused to answer the following questions:
- Is Grace in the same car-dealing business together with the violator?
Does Grace belong to the same business organizations and socialize with the violator?
Since Grace is refusing to address taxpayers' concerns about violations that have been brought to his attention, maybe he might answer the following questions:
- Since Grace is going through his latest divorce, is it true he is no longer residing in Yorktown?
- Is it true that the town supervisor’s business at 360 Underhill Ave. is being assessed at a drastically reduced residential property rate and not as a business property?
- Did Grace ever use his position to have his assessment lowered?
- Is it true that the Grace Building is receiving town garbage pickup when other businesses in this town must pay for private garbage removal?
- Do any of the other elected officials feel that Grace’s not paying tax on his commercial property is right?
- Is Grace pushing for the Highway Department to be relocated because it will increase the value of the Grace Building?
- The proposed three-story “Taj Mahal” will be down his block and in view of his property. Wouldn’t that increase his property value?
- Will Grace disclose to the taxpayers how many political supporters may benefit directly or indirectly from moving the Highway Department?
- How many political donors and supporters have property investments or represent clients who might benefit from the Highway Department move being forced on the taxpayers?
- How many current or former town officials stand to benefit financially either because they own property in the immediate area or represent as agents or attorneys for the land transfers or construction of this three-story tower?
The taxpayers deserve answers we need to connect the dots.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.