This letter to the editor was written by Yorktown Supervisor Susan Siegel. To submit your own letter to the editor, email JSwift@TheDailyYorktown.com.
An open letter to Yorktown residents:
Mark your calendar now for the public hearing on the 2012 town budget. Wednesday, December 7, 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
Thats when youll have an opportunity to voice your opinion on how you want your 2012 tax dollars spent.
- Are you satisfied with the proposed $51 million budget? Are there expenses youd like to see increased? Decreased?
- Do you agree with the majority of the Town Board who voted to spend $65,000 of your money to keep an employee on staff when theres no job that the employee is qualified to do?
- Or, would you rather see $65,000 spent to pave more roads or fix a neighborhood drainage problem?
- Would you like to see the tax rate cut, even if it means reducing certain services? Which services would you cut or eliminate?
- Or, would you be willing to pay $25 more per year in town taxes if certain services could be increased? Which services?
The Town Board has heard from the department heads about what they want. Now its your turn to be heard. What do you want? Thats the purpose of the public hearing on December 7th.
If you cant attend the public hearing, you can still let your Town Board members know how you feel by calling them or sending them an email. Check the Towns web site, www.yorktownny.org , for their contact information.
Supervisor Susan Siegel
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.