YORKTOWN, N.Y.-- Yorktown is the home to two senior citizens who reached momentous ages and were celebrated this past week.
Antoinette Ruffo celebrated her 100th birthday at the Seabury with family and friends. Ruffo, originally from San Denato, Italy was the daughter of Lucia and Donato Cicceni who moved to the United States from San Denato, Italy.
Acccording to Yorktown Councilman Vishnu Patel who attended the celebration, Ruffo's family said she still enjoyed reading, and was extremely dedicated to her family.
Palagrina DeLuco of Yorktown reached 101 years old, and is a very active member of the Yorktown Community Cultural Center Senior Group, Patel said. DeLuco celebrated her birthday along with other seniors at the YCCC, Patel and Legislator Mike Kaplowitz.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday
- 3 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road
- 5 Yorktown Resident Receives Collegiate Philanthropy Award