YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- More than 800 veterans and guests from around Westchester and Putnam County were greeted with welcome signs, cheers and thank you cards by hundreds of volunteers at a Veterans Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday, Nov. 23.
Senator Greg Ball, Chairman of the Senate Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, and the Military Order Of The Purple Heart, Chapter 21 hosted their third annual Veterans Thanksgiving Dinner at the Putnam County Golf Course in Mahopac.
Dozens of volunteers worked with Sen. Ball to host the dinner at no cost to the veterans. Hundreds of veterans and guests enjoyed turkey along with all the trimmings.
In addition to all the great food veterans enjoyed at the event, representatives from the Hudson Valley Department of Veterans Affairs were at the Thanksgiving Dinner to help veterans sign up for benefits.
"This wonderful event couldn’t be possible without the help of the local scouts, school groups, sports teams, businesses and hundreds of volunteers," Sen. Ball said in a statement. "I would like to personally thank each and every volunteer and business that made this special event possible. To see the smile on the veterans’ faces as they walk into the room makes the dinner worth it every year.”
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Yorktown Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say