SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two ice fishermen were rescued by helicopter and a third by boat after they became stranded on the Muscoot Reservoir in Somers at about 3:30 p.m. Monday, state police said.
The ice became too thin for the ice fishermen to return to shore, said Trooper Douglas Larkin of the State Police barracks in Somers.
State police rescued two by helicopter, and the third was rescued by the Goldens Bridge Fire Department from the reservoir off Plumbrook Road in Somers.
All three fishermen were being treated late Monday afternoon for hypothermia -- two at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco and one at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, Larkin said.
The Somers Fire Department, Yorktown Fire Department and Somers Police Department also assisted in the rescue, he said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road