SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two ice fishermen were rescued by helicopter and a third by boat after they became stranded on the Muscoot Reservoir in Somers at about 3:30 p.m. Monday, state police said.
The ice became too thin for the ice fishermen to return to shore, said Trooper Douglas Larkin of the State Police barracks in Somers.
State police rescued two by helicopter, and the third was rescued by the Goldens Bridge Fire Department from the reservoir off Plumbrook Road in Somers.
All three fishermen were being treated late Monday afternoon for hypothermia -- two at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco and one at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, Larkin said.
The Somers Fire Department, Yorktown Fire Department and Somers Police Department also assisted in the rescue, he said.
- 1 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation