SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two ice fishermen were rescued by helicopter and a third by boat after they became stranded on the Muscoot Reservoir in Somers at about 3:30 p.m. Monday, state police said.
The ice became too thin for the ice fishermen to return to shore, said Trooper Douglas Larkin of the State Police barracks in Somers.
State police rescued two by helicopter, and the third was rescued by the Goldens Bridge Fire Department from the reservoir off Plumbrook Road in Somers.
All three fishermen were being treated late Monday afternoon for hypothermia -- two at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco and one at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, Larkin said.
The Somers Fire Department, Yorktown Fire Department and Somers Police Department also assisted in the rescue, he said.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 4 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 5 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee