SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two ice fishermen were rescued by helicopter and a third by boat after they became stranded on the Muscoot Reservoir in Somers at about 3:30 p.m. Monday, state police said.
The ice became too thin for the ice fishermen to return to shore, said Trooper Douglas Larkin of the State Police barracks in Somers.
State police rescued two by helicopter, and the third was rescued by the Goldens Bridge Fire Department from the reservoir off Plumbrook Road in Somers.
All three fishermen were being treated late Monday afternoon for hypothermia -- two at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco and one at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, Larkin said.
The Somers Fire Department, Yorktown Fire Department and Somers Police Department also assisted in the rescue, he said.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 3 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 4 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Pornography Charges