YORKTOWN, N.Y. There are happenings in Yorktown this weekend, in and out of school and all around town.
- The Lakeland High School drama club, Wig 'n' Whiskers, will present their second performance of the year, a comedy called "Nunsense" this weekend. The show goes on Friday at 7:30; Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased for $10. Reservations can be made by calling (914) 528-0600 ext. 231, or online here.
- The Justin Veatch Fund will host a jazz workshop led by Rory Stuart in the Yorktown Teen Center Saturday. The workshop will be held at the Teen Center from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Interested musicians should contact Veatch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 914-772-1254.
- Swing attire is recommended for the Yorktown High School band's event Saturday. The club is holding a Valentine's Day Swing Dance & Concert complete with music live from Yorktown's bands, as well as an hour worth of lessons to get the evening started. The night of moving to the music goes from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for senior citizens and students.
- Hopeful gardeners can stop by Hilltop Hanover Farm Saturday for a lesson on planning their spring garden . The class, which takes place from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. is $20, and registration is required.
- The John C. Hart Library has two events to draw residents in for more than just a book. On Saturday, the library is hosting a children's program called "No Bones About It!" where participants can learn about invertebrates. The event takes place from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. and is intended for students grades three through six. Registration is required.
Sunday the library will host "Almost, Maine" presented by M&M Productions. Doors for the show open for this romantic comedy at 1:30 p.m. and the show begins at 2 p.m. in the Betty Cobb Stewart Community Room. The play is free to attend, no registration is required.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.