CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Brian McCallum, a 27-year-old Buchanan resident, was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Wednesday night at the Cortlandt train station.
According to Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) spokeswoman Marjorie Anders, an engineer reported that McCallum ran off the north end of the platform at the Cortlandt station onto the track area as the train was passing through the station at approximately 60 miles per hour.
MTA Patrol Officers and Detectives responded and processed the scene and notified McCallum's parents, according to Anders.
Anders said there appears to be no foul play involved though the MTA Police Department Detective Division is continuing the investigation.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road