CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Brian McCallum, a 27-year-old Buchanan resident, was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Wednesday night at the Cortlandt train station.
According to Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) spokeswoman Marjorie Anders, an engineer reported that McCallum ran off the north end of the platform at the Cortlandt station onto the track area as the train was passing through the station at approximately 60 miles per hour.
MTA Patrol Officers and Detectives responded and processed the scene and notified McCallum's parents, according to Anders.
Anders said there appears to be no foul play involved though the MTA Police Department Detective Division is continuing the investigation.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Pet Store Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority