CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Brian McCallum, a 27-year-old Buchanan resident, was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Wednesday night at the Cortlandt train station.
According to Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) spokeswoman Marjorie Anders, an engineer reported that McCallum ran off the north end of the platform at the Cortlandt station onto the track area as the train was passing through the station at approximately 60 miles per hour.
MTA Patrol Officers and Detectives responded and processed the scene and notified McCallum's parents, according to Anders.
Anders said there appears to be no foul play involved though the MTA Police Department Detective Division is continuing the investigation.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown