WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
The driver and a passenger suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to Northern Westchester Hospital.
The car overturned after it hit what the driver called an earth embankment around 4:29 p.m. Wednesday. Both occupants were trapped in the overturned car, and were removed by emergency personnel, Dickans said.
Cross River Road was closed between Mount Holly Road and Holly Branch Road from 4:50 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Yorktown
- 2 Yorktown Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Hudson Valley City Ranks Among Nation's Most Dangerous
- 4 Several Accidents Reported On Slick Westchester Roadways
- 5 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion