NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Nearly 600 corporate citizens came out to honor five of their own Thursday night as the Business Council of Westchester held its 11th annual Business Hall of Fame Awards Dinner.
Event co-chair Tom Lalla said the record-setting numbers show the positive state of business throughout the county.
“This is a sold-out event,” said Lalla, a Corporate Citizenship Award recipient. “There’s so much support for this organization.”
Induction into the business Hall of Fame is a lifetime achievement for an individual or business that has made a significant contribution to the Westchester business community.
"It’s so wonderful to celebrate so many people in business in Westchester,” Council President Marsha Gordon said at the event at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle.
Five businesses are recognized with awards each year for their efforts to help the county's business community grow and prosper. Here are this year's winners:
• Wine and Spirit company Pernod Ricard USA was given the Corporate Citizenship award.
• Developer Robert Martin Co. was recognized with the Entrepreneurial award.
• Community Mutual Savings Bank received the Small Business sward.
• Lenore Minerva, who is now retired, of Empress Emergency Medical Services was honored as a Woman in Business.
• Family-owned and -operated Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway was recognized for its success as a family business.