YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- Nero, the Newfoundland dog that saved his family from a Nov. 24 fire that destroyed their Yorktown home, was found dead.
- A Yorktown man was recently arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated .
- New York State Police arrested Patricia Tompkins, a Somers woman and charged her with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and second-degree harassment.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference.
- A 26-year-old Yorktown man is under arrest after he was accused of breaking into a closed Quick Stop gas station on Route 202 and stealing money from the cash register, according to a Patch report.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.