YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Kate Branson, a former resident of Yorktown Heights and a special education teacher for seven years, recently launched a website aimed at providing resources for special needs families.
Mamiegrace.com is the only referral directory of its kind, dedicated to connecting special needs families with qualified service providers available to assist them with their needs. Parents and educators can find profiles and monitored reviews for schools, specialists and camps that focus on the special needs community.
The company was named in honor of Mamie Grace, who was born with Down Syndrome.
"Only on this earth for two and a half months, Mamie Grace taught us how to know joy, hardship, forgiveness, strength, understanding, and most of all love," Branson said in a statement. "We are determined to use her contagious spirit as a guide for helping the many families and educators that live or work with special needs persons.”
With the numbers of special needs children drastically increasing, the team of Mamie Grace felt it was important to provide information and resources for all disabilities in one convenient location. In doing this, valuable time has been returned to the parents and educators.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 5 Accident On Route 6 In Jefferson Valley Ties Up Traffic