YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Students from 15 school districts in Westchester and Putnam counties graduated from Fox Meadow High School last week at the Putnam Northern Westchester BOCES campus in Yorktown.
Fox Meadow serves students with a variety of social, emotional and learning needs who benefit from a smaller, alternative school setting.
Student speaker Leonardo Santucci, of Peekskill, was one of 24 students who received their diplomas. "I never much liked high school and didn't plan on finishing," he said. "Without these teachers, I wouldn't be here."
"I know that in the past 13 years, many people said you wouldn't make it, but you did," said Assistant Superintendent John McCarthy to the graduates. "Now, you know what it takes to be successful and we all have confidence that you have the skills necessary to be successful in your journey ahead."
Graduates of Fox Meadow High School from Westchester were Joseph DiDonato, Matthew Gower, Nicole Ogden and Christopher See of Lakeland; Amanda Hays, Leonardo Santucci and Anthony Turner of Peekskill; Drew Gunnison and Michael Owoo of North Salem; Jahqueline Ascensio of Tarrytown; James Budrock of Hastings; Londell Nugent of Bedford; Julia Occhipinti of Harrison; Christian Trama of Somers; and Dana Patterson of Mount Vernon.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says