BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.--Funeral services were held Sunday morning for Randy Zapakin, the 57-year-old Yorktown man struck and killed by a car on Thursday while walking his dog in his neighborhood.
Hundreds turned out to pay their final respects to Zapakin at Congregation Sons of Israel on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor. He was remembered as being "warm, compassionate and genuinely nice," by his brother, Alan, who talked about Zapakin's involvement in numerous community events, including the Yorktown Relay for Life. Zapakin was a realtor for Keller Williams Realty in Yorktown.
Zapakin is survived by his wife, Debbie, sons Jared and Jordan, and daughter Allie.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 3 Yorktown FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 4 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 5 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week