BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.--Funeral services were held Sunday morning for Randy Zapakin, the 57-year-old Yorktown man struck and killed by a car on Thursday while walking his dog in his neighborhood.
Hundreds turned out to pay their final respects to Zapakin at Congregation Sons of Israel on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor. He was remembered as being "warm, compassionate and genuinely nice," by his brother, Alan, who talked about Zapakin's involvement in numerous community events, including the Yorktown Relay for Life. Zapakin was a realtor for Keller Williams Realty in Yorktown.
Zapakin is survived by his wife, Debbie, sons Jared and Jordan, and daughter Allie.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero