BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.--Funeral services were held Sunday morning for Randy Zapakin, the 57-year-old Yorktown man struck and killed by a car on Thursday while walking his dog in his neighborhood.
Hundreds turned out to pay their final respects to Zapakin at Congregation Sons of Israel on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor. He was remembered as being "warm, compassionate and genuinely nice," by his brother, Alan, who talked about Zapakin's involvement in numerous community events, including the Yorktown Relay for Life. Zapakin was a realtor for Keller Williams Realty in Yorktown.
Zapakin is survived by his wife, Debbie, sons Jared and Jordan, and daughter Allie.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Yorktown Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Yorktown Central Schools Closed, Lakeland Will Have Early Dismissal