BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.--Funeral services were held Sunday morning for Randy Zapakin, the 57-year-old Yorktown man struck and killed by a car on Thursday while walking his dog in his neighborhood.
Hundreds turned out to pay their final respects to Zapakin at Congregation Sons of Israel on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor. He was remembered as being "warm, compassionate and genuinely nice," by his brother, Alan, who talked about Zapakin's involvement in numerous community events, including the Yorktown Relay for Life. Zapakin was a realtor for Keller Williams Realty in Yorktown.
Zapakin is survived by his wife, Debbie, sons Jared and Jordan, and daughter Allie.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Pet Store Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Costco Eyeing Yorktown Opening