BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.--Funeral services were held Sunday morning for Randy Zapakin, the 57-year-old Yorktown man struck and killed by a car on Thursday while walking his dog in his neighborhood.
Hundreds turned out to pay their final respects to Zapakin at Congregation Sons of Israel on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor. He was remembered as being "warm, compassionate and genuinely nice," by his brother, Alan, who talked about Zapakin's involvement in numerous community events, including the Yorktown Relay for Life. Zapakin was a realtor for Keller Williams Realty in Yorktown.
Zapakin is survived by his wife, Debbie, sons Jared and Jordan, and daughter Allie.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital