BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.--Funeral services were held Sunday morning for Randy Zapakin, the 57-year-old Yorktown man struck and killed by a car on Thursday while walking his dog in his neighborhood.
Hundreds turned out to pay their final respects to Zapakin at Congregation Sons of Israel on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor. He was remembered as being "warm, compassionate and genuinely nice," by his brother, Alan, who talked about Zapakin's involvement in numerous community events, including the Yorktown Relay for Life. Zapakin was a realtor for Keller Williams Realty in Yorktown.
Zapakin is survived by his wife, Debbie, sons Jared and Jordan, and daughter Allie.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 15-Year-Old Yorktown Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School
- 3 Dante's III In Yorktown Heights Is Changing Owners
- 4 National Weather Service: Yorktown's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App