YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown last week:
- A 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Tuesday and survived, according to LoHud.com.
- Several schools throughout Westchester County including Yorktown High School was named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- A beheaded goat and a number of decapitated birds were found in Yorktown on Monday, Aug. 25, according to the Westchester SPCA.
- A Yonkers police officer has been arrested by Yorktown police after he was accused of pointing a firearm and choking a woman during a domestic dispute at his residence in Yorktown, LoHud.com reports.
- Yorktown residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Yorktown Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say