SHRUB OAK, N.Y. – The John C. Hart Memorial Library was presented Saturday morning with a $20,000 grant for much-needed upgrades to the library’s children’s room, said Patricia Barresi, the library's director.
“The money will be used to refresh and refurbish the children’s room, which hasn’t been done in over 20 years,” Barresi said. “The town, community and the children will certainty benefit from this grant for years to come.”
On hand to present the state-funded grant were Council members Nick Bianco and Terrence Murphy, Town Supervisor Michael Grace and state Sen. Greg Ball (R, C – Patterson).
“I couldn’t be happier to deliver this grant for the Hart Library,” Ball said. “I am proud to fight to bring as much of our tax money back from Albany, to home, where it belongs. As long as I am in office I will continue to fight for Yorktown and for all the constituents I represent district wide.”
The large ceremonial check was presented to the Hart Library during the weekend book sale.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint