SHRUB OAK, N.Y. – The John C. Hart Memorial Library was presented Saturday morning with a $20,000 grant for much-needed upgrades to the library’s children’s room, said Patricia Barresi, the library's director.
“The money will be used to refresh and refurbish the children’s room, which hasn’t been done in over 20 years,” Barresi said. “The town, community and the children will certainty benefit from this grant for years to come.”
On hand to present the state-funded grant were Council members Nick Bianco and Terrence Murphy, Town Supervisor Michael Grace and state Sen. Greg Ball (R, C – Patterson).
“I couldn’t be happier to deliver this grant for the Hart Library,” Ball said. “I am proud to fight to bring as much of our tax money back from Albany, to home, where it belongs. As long as I am in office I will continue to fight for Yorktown and for all the constituents I represent district wide.”
The large ceremonial check was presented to the Hart Library during the weekend book sale.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 25, Allegedly Violates Order Of Protection, Slashes Tire
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 4 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape
- 5 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches