OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Mohegan Lake's Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 5 Police Charge One In Underage Drinking Detail