OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 IRS Warns Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor