OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say