OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says