OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Yorktown Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow