OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Yorktown Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 4 Yorktown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287