YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Assemblyman Steve Katz (R,C,I – Yorktown) stated his support and agreement with the Compassionate Care Act for New York State and the move that brings New York closer to implementing the legalization of marijuana for medical use.
“I'm glad we were able to seize the national momentum with the dedicated activists who descended on the Capitol for this final push for the Compassionate Care Act,” said Katz. “This should not have had to wait another year. Many people can benefit from cannabinoid treatments, and those afflicted deserve the benefit to be treated with all necessary and available remedies. I am proud to have been a part of this effort to modernize our state's medical treatments, and I look forward to continuing to raise awareness and perfect our state's medical marijuana laws.”
- 1 Man, 20, Charged With Strangulation By Yorktown Police
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 3 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 4 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 5 Secretary Looking For Dog That Went Missing In Yorktown