WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Northern Westchester County.
- A 46-year-old New York City lawyer who had reportedly been staying in Pound Ridge is in police custody on charges of robbing a bank in Greenwich, Conn., on Thursday afternoon, police said.
- Police broke up a large fight early last Sunday morning at the McDonald's restaurant on Marble Avenue in Mount Pleasant.
- ESPN broadcaster John Saunders, a resident of Hastings-on-Hudson, died unexpectedly on Wednesday.
- A resident of Manville, N.J., was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for robbing and murdering a resident of Ossining and conspiring to distribute marijuana and heroin.
- Chappaqua Schools Superintendent Lyn McKay acknowledged former Horace Greeley High School drama teacher Christopher Schraufnagel's acceptance of a plea deal in his criminal sex-abuse case.
- A 52-year-old Lewisboro woman is facing charges after state police say she damaged a door with a hammer during a domestic dispute.
- The Westchester County Board of Acquisition and Contract has approved a 36.8-mile project that will connect recreational trailways from the Bronx to Putnam County.
- Somers Supervisor Rick Morrissey expressed optimism in the town's fiscal future in the face of departures of two Fortune 500 companies in a recent Daily Voice Leaders series interview.
- A 36-year-old father and his teenage son are recovering after they were rescued Sunday from Playland Lake during a tour at the amusement park.
- Two Verplanck teenagers have been arrested and charged with burglarizing the Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Society.
- A 69-year-old Mount Kisco man died last Sunday while competing in the Smith Point Sprint Triathlon a park in Shirley in Suffolk County on Long Island.
- Bedford police have asked the public for its help as it investigates a burglary that occurred in the Elm Road section of Katonah.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.