YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- Yorktown Police arrested a Jefferson Valley man and charged him with multiple counts, including possession of heroin.
- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim.
- Three Yorktown kids made the state finals in the Elks National Hoop Shoot, a free throw contest for kids ages 8 to 13, in Syracuse, N.Y.
- A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Pet Store Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Costco Eyeing Yorktown Opening
- 5 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer