YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- Yorktown Police arrested a Jefferson Valley man and charged him with multiple counts, including possession of heroin.
- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim.
- Three Yorktown kids made the state finals in the Elks National Hoop Shoot, a free throw contest for kids ages 8 to 13, in Syracuse, N.Y.
- A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 3 Yorktown FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 4 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday