YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- Thomas A. Panek is taking the reins as the new president and CEO of Yorktown-based Guiding Eyes For The Blind.
- Westchester County Executive, Thornwood native and Mount Pleasant resident Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- New York State Police charged a Yorktown man with fourth-degree grand larceny in connection with an attempt to steal televisions from a Wal-Mart in Cortlandt, police officials said.
- Peekskill Police arrested two people Jennifer Muniz, 28, and Malaka Garrett, 49, Peekskill residents in connection with heroin sales.
- A man reportedly bit off another man's nose during a fight in Peekskill on Sunday, according to LoHud.
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.