The identity has been released of a 25-year-old man who was killed in a single-car crash early Saturday morning on Route 117 about one-eighth of a mile east of the entrance to Rockefeller State Park in Westchester, Mount Pleasant Police said. Click here to read the story.
An Ossining man has been identified as the person killed in a car crash on Route 22 in the Town of Patterson, according to Putnam County Sheriff Donald B. Smith. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Westchester's own Austin Rogers' prolific -- and historic -- run on "Jeopardy!" is over.
- The bear went over the mountain -- and then headed down to the river in Northern Westchester -- but not before making quite a mess of things during both the day and night on Saturday.
- Croton Creek Steakhouse & Wine Bar, in business 11 years, is closing.
- A Westchester County businessman is facing multiple felony charges after allegedly scheming to line his own pockets with thousands of dollars in business taxes from clients that employed his service.
- Four of the Hudson Valley’s largest cities have been designated as “Hub” drug treatment courts by Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.