YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown last week:
- Hilltop Hanover Farm was recognized by various organizations for its efforts and programming. The farm was recognized as one of the “Top Places to Take Westchester Kids 2014” by Kids Out and About.com.
- Longtime Yorktown resident Pat Kibbe died in her home on Sunday, July 13, according to theexaminernews.com. She was 90.
- Two accidents -- one in southern Westchester and the other in Northern Westchester -- caused major delays on Wednesday morning.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news that a Malaysian airliner was shot down over the Russia-Ukraine border Thursday.
- Authorities have released the audio from the final moments of Richard Rockefeller's fatal plane crash in Purchase, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 IRS Warns Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Four Standouts From State Champ Yorktown HS Sign To Play College Lacrosse