YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown last week:
- Hilltop Hanover Farm was recognized by various organizations for its efforts and programming. The farm was recognized as one of the “Top Places to Take Westchester Kids 2014” by Kids Out and About.com.
- Longtime Yorktown resident Pat Kibbe died in her home on Sunday, July 13, according to theexaminernews.com. She was 90.
- Two accidents -- one in southern Westchester and the other in Northern Westchester -- caused major delays on Wednesday morning.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news that a Malaysian airliner was shot down over the Russia-Ukraine border Thursday.
- Authorities have released the audio from the final moments of Richard Rockefeller's fatal plane crash in Purchase, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show