YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A 73-year-old Katonah woman reportedly fell asleep while driving Thursday on Route 35 in Yorktown, according to a report from The Journal News.
The woman later crashed into a telephone pole, "causing the pole to fall across the road and her Cadillac to overturn," according to the report.
The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the report.
Route 35 was closed in both directions in Yorktown between Mahopac Avenue and Quaker Church Road following the accident and downed utility pole and wires.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Yorktown