YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A 73-year-old Katonah woman reportedly fell asleep while driving Thursday on Route 35 in Yorktown, according to a report from The Journal News.
The woman later crashed into a telephone pole, "causing the pole to fall across the road and her Cadillac to overturn," according to the report.
The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the report.
Route 35 was closed in both directions in Yorktown between Mahopac Avenue and Quaker Church Road following the accident and downed utility pole and wires.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester