YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A 73-year-old Katonah woman reportedly fell asleep while driving Thursday on Route 35 in Yorktown, according to a report from The Journal News.
The woman later crashed into a telephone pole, "causing the pole to fall across the road and her Cadillac to overturn," according to the report.
The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the report.
Route 35 was closed in both directions in Yorktown between Mahopac Avenue and Quaker Church Road following the accident and downed utility pole and wires.
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued