YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A 73-year-old Katonah woman reportedly fell asleep while driving Thursday on Route 35 in Yorktown, according to a report from The Journal News.
The woman later crashed into a telephone pole, "causing the pole to fall across the road and her Cadillac to overturn," according to the report.
The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the report.
Route 35 was closed in both directions in Yorktown between Mahopac Avenue and Quaker Church Road following the accident and downed utility pole and wires.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Police Ask For Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Yorktown Remains On High Alert After Signs Of Bear In Area
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents