YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A 73-year-old Katonah woman reportedly fell asleep while driving Thursday on Route 35 in Yorktown, according to a report from The Journal News.
The woman later crashed into a telephone pole, "causing the pole to fall across the road and her Cadillac to overturn," according to the report.
The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the report.
Route 35 was closed in both directions in Yorktown between Mahopac Avenue and Quaker Church Road following the accident and downed utility pole and wires.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester
- 5 Shrub Oak Man Charged With Assault