YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A 73-year-old Katonah woman reportedly fell asleep while driving Thursday on Route 35 in Yorktown, according to a report from The Journal News.
The woman later crashed into a telephone pole, "causing the pole to fall across the road and her Cadillac to overturn," according to the report.
The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the report.
Route 35 was closed in both directions in Yorktown between Mahopac Avenue and Quaker Church Road following the accident and downed utility pole and wires.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital