MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Saw Mill Club water exercise instructor Maria DeCandia is celebrating a milestone with 25 years of teaching at the club.
DeCandia began teaching IBM employees at the club in 1989 after she became certified. She is certified by both the American Council on Exercise and the Aquatics Exercise Association and teaches a Saturday morning class and a Monday evening class at the club.
DeCandia's passion for teaching and learning doesn't stop at the club.
She is a full time science teacher at Edgemont High School, and during the summer months, she is a medical researcher at New York Medical College, working on Alzheimer's disease and stroke research.
Throughout her 25 years, she has loved the camaraderie of all the participants in all her classes.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests