This story has been updated
DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- The northbound Saw Mill River Parkway has reopened in Dobbs Ferry on Wednesday morning after a fatal overnight accident left it closed for approximately eight hours.
The lanes reopened around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, but traffic remained extremely heavy, including southbound.
The Ashford Avenue Bridge, the scene of the crash, was reopened at about 10:25 a.m. after being closed in both directions for the police investigation. The closure of bridge had caused traffic delays on Ashford Avenue in and out of Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley, and south to Yonkers.
A man died after his car plunged 20 to 30 off the bridge at Exit 17 at about 12:30 a.m., according to a report by WABC-TV. Speed is likely to have been a factor in the crash, and police are investigating whether the man may have been drag racing, according to WCBS-TV.
The police investigation was ongoing as the Wednesday morning commute began.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans